|Enrichment Programme :|
a) Enrichment activity for above average category pupils must be undertaken
during 02.40 to 04.15p.m every day.
b) Enrichment Plan must be prepared for each chapter and shown in the Diary.
c) Such activities must be reflected in the Self Assessment made by Teachers for every Unit.
d) At the end of the year the enrichment activities must be collected in book form to be kept in the Library.
Teachers are also advised to show evidence of understanding the contribution of their area of teaching to the educational needs of the pupil. The children falling into this category of enrichment programme must be supplied with the enrichment material. They are advised to meet the subject teacher between 02.40 and 04.15p.m. every day for clearing doubts or knowing more about the concepts. Librarian also will keep the library open for reference during this period.
|REMEDIAL AND ENRICHMENT TEACHING: It has been observed that a large number of students come under slow learners’ category. Therefore after every unit test weak students and subject will be assessed by the Principal for planning the remedial instructions. The following steps will be followed.|
1. Training will be given for the proper usage of sentence Linkers, Modals, infinitive and Tenses.
2. Common errors will be listed and correction will be done.
3. Sufficient training will be given in writing letters, paragraph, developing stories etc.,
4. Exercises will be prepared based on the CBSE Question papers and pupils will be drilled.
5. Pupils will be drilled to interact in English generally and in Hindi during Hindi classes. The art of speaking in Tamil will be developed.
Definitions of grammar items will be repeatedly asked.
8. Special Composition works will be given to under achievers.
1. Question papers of last five years will be collected for class X and XII and repeated questions will be found out. Based on this, pupils will be drilled.
2. For lower classes preparation of Glossary in English/Tamil medium will be suggested. The Librarian will co-operate with the teachers in the preparation.
3. Big questions will be reduced to 6 to 8 points. Special attention will be paid to remedial category in Std .VIII.
1. Remedial category children will be advised to learn the Tables thoroughly.
2. In Geometry Direct problems based on theorem will be done.
3. Arithmetic fundamentals and algebraic concepts which are essential to learn equation will be given stress.
1. Often repeated map questions chapter wise will be listed out and drilled.
2. Important concepts will be selected and attempts will be made to condense the chapters for lower classes.
3. For Std. X questions of past 5 years will be collected and drilled.
4. Preparation of Glossary will be suggested. Recommendation will be made to procure Geological dictionary.
STEPS TO SPOKEN ENGLISH (FOR JUNIOR LEVEL)
1. Spoken English must be made compulsory.
2. Along with Language teachers, subject teachers should also encourage the students to speak in English.
3. Students should be encouraged to read Magazines, Champak, Tinkle, Target, Wisdom, Gokulam & Children’s World which are available in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
4. General Topic must be given – discussion (Group) will be encouraged.
5. Audio cassettes must be used to improve their pronunciation.
6. More Oral Activities.
7. Developing Communication Skill.
8. Verbal / Visual stimulus & response.
9. Class-room participation & activity.
DEVELOPING LANGUAGE SKILL IN ENGLISH (FOR SENIORS)
Development of four Skills : LISTENING – SPEAKING – READING – WRITING
1. Expansion of proverbs/sayings.
2. Collection of Echo/similar proverbs or contrast proverbs/sayings.
3. Analyzing and interpreting text.
4. The role play provides an interesting context for the learners.
5. This writing activity is an extrapolation where the learner goes beyond the story.
6. Completion of word web/vocabulary enrichment.
7. Display words-with illustrative picture.
8. Idioms/phrasal verbs-meanings/usage with picture-illustration.
9. Word formation – collection of Affixes and matching them with root words.
10. Report – writing – Newspaper reports /laboratory reports/Titles/Head News.
11. Making posters – slogans/quotations/tense captions.
12. Preparing invitations/Greeting Cards suiting various occasions.
Added to the regular Staff Meeting & Dept. Meeting with Principal , the following Seminars/Lectures to be conducted in the year 2006-2007.
Lecture on Communicative Approach by the Professor from Anna collage,Karaikal.(September)
Lecture on Secularism by the eminent scholar (October)
Discussion on Arithmetic fundamentals by the Professor from TBML Collage, Poraiyar (October)
Efforts were made to create Educational Cell of the Region
DAILY COMPUTER LITERACY PROGRAMME FOR STAFF
From 04.30 to 05.30 p.m. for all Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff of JNV, Karaikal.
|CAMPUS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME : The Campus has now the look of full-fledged residential school with all the construction works completed except Academic Block. A Board denoting guidelines to visitors has been fixed on the way to Administrative Block. Several signboards have also been placed in different places. A greenly, lushly, Palm grove is raised by the Scouts, Guides and other Club members under the guidance of Principal and under the supervision of miscellaneous.|
|AFFORESTATION PROGRAMME : Afforestation Programme inside the school campus is in full swing now, a team of teachers under the co-ordination of Mr.V.Thirumani NGC Co-Coordinator all possible steps to plant and water the saplings daily from 03.45 to 04.30 p.m. Saplings are collected from Agriculture Department, B.D.O. Office, DRDA and from interested parents. To give intensive care to the sapling planted, the planting area is divided into 7 sectors, each under the charge of the Teachers with 12 pupils for this purpose. The following is the list of Sector In charges and Captains.|
JULY :- INTRODUCTION – WHAT IS MEANT BY VALUE EDUCATION- VALUE OF LIFE.
AUGUST :- SOCIAL VALUE – SOCIETY AND ROLE OF INDIVIDUAL IN THE SOCIETY.
SEPTEMBER : - PERSONAL VALUES – GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF PERSONALITY.
OCTOBER :- NEIGHBOURING VALUES.
NOVEMBER :- RELIGIOUS VALUE OF SPIRITUALISM.
JANUARY :- COMMUNAL VALUES, THE SPIRIT OF TOLERANCE.
FEBRUARY :- MORAL VALUES OF HUMAN RELATIONSHIP.
MARCH :- SELF-VALUE – HUMAN ATTITUDES OF BROTHERHOOD.
Note: - This Syllabus will be followed by all teachers in their regular classes. While teaching their subjects. No separate time is allotted for teaching Value Education.